No need for an explanation.
We wanted chocolate. We wanted muffins. We made Chocolate Muffins! And they were good. They are sweet—yet not too sweet and are fine for a nice breakfast treat.
Here is the recipe:
Chocolate Chunk Muffins
Adapted from Baking: From My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Eating Time: Quick
6 T unsalted butter
4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
2 cups all purpose flour
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cocoa powder, sifted
1 T baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 and 1/4 buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla
1. Melt butter and chopped chocolate in the microwave (or using a double boiler). Let cool.
2. In a bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, buttermilk and vanilla.
4. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry. Add the chocolate mixture.
5. Using a wooden spoon or spatula, mix it up.
6. Divide the batter evenly into the muffin tin.
7. Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes.
8. Let cool and eat for breakfast, snack, lunch or dinner!