I thought my Aaron was busy in the kitchen making himeslf and the kids a couple of steaks. Little did I know, that he had researched and planned to make this dish especailly for me! And it was good…..actually very good–and a complete meal all by itself. Or you could serve it up with some veggie meatballs, like I did. (I have been trying this new brand, Gardein or Gardein of Life.)
And to counteract the healthy dinner that he made, I made chocolate shortbread cookies that I will share with you all later.
Here is the super quick recipe that he used….and I’m sorry to whoever invented this recipe as he can’t seem to find the original website that he grabbed it from.
You will need:
1/2 c. quinoa
1 T olive oil
1 sweet pototo peeled and cubed
1/4 tsp chile flake
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 beans (black eyed peas!)
2 T cilantro (although you could use ALOT more)
Here is what you do:
1) Grab a saucepan and heat up olive oil and saute the onion, potato and red pepper flakes. About two minutes.
2) Throw in the quinoa and let it toast for about two mintutes more.
3) Add the water and cover it up. Let cook at a medium low temp for 10-12 minutes or until things are soft. If there is any water leftover, uncover and set on high temperature and let the water steam away.
4) Remove it from the heat and add the salt, lime juice and beans. Toss
5) Serve with plenty of fresh cilantro!
Hearty, wholsome, easy and tasty! Make it for someone special tonight…….